Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2 Weeks Out

It's been 2 weeks since surgery and I'm feeling much better. I'm slowly regaining my strength. So far, I'm down 15 pounds - not to shabby! Last evening I made an egg and some deli chicken. I thought I chewed them enough but it hurt going down. Well, it continued to hurt for about an hour, I mean really hurt!!! Finally, I threw up. That was awful but I felt so much better. That was the first time I got sick and it's a quick reminder that I must chew, chew, chew!

I had my 2 week follow up with my most handsome surgeon and everything is healing very nicely. He gave me my goal chart and it looks something like this: Six weeks out I should weigh 210-215, 12 weeks out 190, 26 weeks out 160 and my goal is 135 which I should reach in one year. I need to walk at least 1 hour per day which I'm finding hard to do, my strength still isn't there yet. But I'll keep plugging away!

We're having an Italian pot luck on October 31st - I told them I'd bring pureed spagetti! LOL

No comments: