Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weight loss surgery

Yesterday was my first appointment with the surgeon who I've chosen to perform my weight loss surgery, Dr. Chaisson. He's very professional and has a great track record. His bedside manner is comforting and has never had a death due to the gastric bypass surgery - what a relief! He's also very handsome which is always a plus!! LOL
I have completed the information packet including labs, ekg, stress test, drs referral, diet history, weight history and other forms pertaining to medical issues, etc. I attended one of Dr. Chaisson's seminars that is required and have signed up for the weight loss surgery support group. Now what I have to do is see a nutritionist (August 28) and have the required physh evaluation (August 14). My ERD is scheduled for Monday, July 28 (scope my stomach) so everything is well under way. I should have the surgery sometime in September but that's just my opinion.
I was going to get the Lapband but am leaning towards the Gastric Bypass. One of my daughters is all for it but the other one is concerned. Both will support my decision because they know my health is starting to be affected by my weight. So the lights are all green for now!!!!

1 comment:

Samson Agonistes said...

So long as there are no white lights at the end of a tunnel as you float above your own body.