Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Guy Friend

I had lunch with my friend - GL - today. Everytime we have lunch or talk I realize how much I miss him. I love talking with him, hearing about his family, work and just running ideas by him. He always has an opinion!!!
When we met he was working in the vault and I was a lowly driller and we didn't like each other very much, in fact, he even made me cry at one time! Over the years after he graduated and was promoted I ended up working for him which was the beginning of a great friendship! I always said he was a great manager, giving me enough rope to hang myself but actually stepping in to prevent my demise in the nick of time!
He has inspired me in many ways - to get my degrees, Black Belt training and the way he always thought I was so capable. HHMMM - I know he'll probably read this but I just wanted to let him know that his friendship is one of the blessings in my life.