Friday, September 5, 2008

Another Step

Tuesday I attended the required support group for WLS and found it to be very informative. Much to my surprise I ran into Dr. Krasner and his wife, who weighs probably 350-400 pounds. Her surgery is scheduled for October 2, since she's self pay there's not much of a waiting period.

The Program Coordinator, Sonia, called to tell me that my primary doctor faxed in her note page instead of the referral. I call Vicki right away and I'm sure by now she's sent to correct letter. When Sonia receives that she will submit for insurance approval - once approved the surgery date is set. That approval can take anywhere from 3 days to 3-4 weeks - here's hoping and praying it's quick!!

In the meantime I'm beginning the preparation for surgery. The WL group says its easier for surgery if you loose 10% of your body weight because that will shrink the liver. Dah, if I could loose 25 pounds I wouldn't have the surgery! But I'll try again. I'm also starting to taste test the liquid protein that I'll be taking for the rest of my life. I found Profect to be good but since tastes change after surgery I won't stock up yet. I will, however, begin taking the protein everyday in the recommended amounts. I also need to start drinking more water. WL group says divide your body weight in half and that's how many ounces of water your to drink daily. OMG - that's like a gallon a day!!!! So, I'm starting to get into that habit also. I've purchased some B-12 sublingual and am taking that daily to build myself up. Daily multivitamin with iron is also now a part of my daily routine. Walking 30 minutes a day sounds so easy but with back pain that is near crippling, it's a daunting task! So I'll walk 10 minutes at a time on the treadmill.

I'll be taking a before picture this weekend - from all angles - yuck!!!!!

No comments: