Friday, December 5, 2008

More Memories

Our Christmas season actually started at Thanksgiving. We'd all have a wonderful dinner cooked by my Mother and we'd be stuffed for the rest of the day. That evening my Dad would leave for his annual deer hunting adventure and he'd ususally be gone until the following weekend. Well, that's when the fun started.

The day after Thanksgiving we would bake Christmas cookies - all day!! Chocolate chip, peanut blossoms, Russian teacakes, pinwheels, candy cane cooking and butter cookies. They were so delicious but my favorite were the chocolate chip.

The next day, and every evening that following week, we would get together with my Aunt Pat (her husband, Uncle Sonny, was deer hunting also) and my cousins, Danny, Terry and Kim. We would go shopping and out to eat every evening - it was so much fun!!! That week holds some of my fondest childhood memories.

From then until Christmas, sneaking cookies was my favorite pastime - no wonder I have a weight problem lol! Mom would keep them in beautiful tins on the steps to the attic because it was a little cool there. MMMM.....if only I could eat one now!

2 comments:

Samson Agonistes said...

This is wonderful history my friend. There is not writing of higher quality than writing which is both simple and true.

Unknown said...

This is my very first comment to a blogosphere! Of course it is to my very bestest friend in the world!