Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Journey

This weight loss journey has been pretty tough. Just discovering what I can eat and what makes me sick has been a chore. I'm supposed to be eating more protein, meat, but when I do it's painful. It sits in my stomach until I throw up, especially chicken. So my new strategy is to eat mushy food until I see the doc again on Dec. 23. I'm concerned that my stoma is too small so they may have to do an Endoscopy to stretch it a bit.

Other challenges are it takes so long to eat my food that it is usually cold. I can't try new things when I'm out for fear of getting sick. It's a full time job just to get the protein and water in every day, which I usually miserably fail at. Thanksgiving was a real struggle - I just wanted to eat a meal! I'm glad I'm losing weight; however, it's a big price to pay!

No comments: