Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Baby, Ickra

My baby, Ickra, turned 34 on Monday. She's a great lady! She has a great job as senior tech and office manager at a vet clinic and takes very good care of herself. She's beautiful, sweet and fun to be with. She loves football, rock n roll and travelling but most of all she loves her family.

I remember a defining moment in our relationship when she was about 11 or 12. She was home on a summer break from the boarding school she attended and we were sitting at the table playing cards. Ickra loved to play - anything! I looked at her and it dawned on me that even though I loved her so much I really enjoyed her company, her humor and her. I saw her as a person apart from me and I liked what I saw. She was fun to be with, always laughing, happy and carefree. Whenever I see a little girl skipping along without a care in the world, I think of Ickra, my baby!

My prayer for her is to recapture that little girl, love her and know that she is so very special! To know that we are little children in God's eyes and he wants us to be so at peace and happy like a child. Just like little Ickra, skipping along without a care, knowing she's protected and not experiencing the cruelities of the world yet. Little Ickra, before the first heartbreak, the first injustice and before the terrible things that happened to her. She was and still is a most beautiful lady and I hope she one day realizes that for herself! She's dear to my heart and I know I'll always be in her heart everyday of her life.

No comments: